[mythtv-users] No recordings visible in mythfrontend, but mythweb is fine

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Feb 21 11:45:48 UTC 2013

On 02/05/2013 04:16 AM, Andrey Zhunev wrote:
> Hello Michael,
>

> Monday, February 4, 2013, 10:56:17 PM, you wrote:
>
>> On 02/03/2013 12:27 PM, Andrey Zhunev wrote:
>>> Some time ago my friend complained that he stopped seeing  recordings
>>> in the 'Watch Videos -->   Recordings' menu. I thought he set a filter,
>>> or chosen a wrong group, but when I checked it, it was not the case.
>>> He can see the number of available recordings when he chooses a group.
>>> But then the list of recordings never appears on the screen.
>>> New recordings that are made nowadays also do no appear in the list.
>>>
>>> Surprisingly, he can see all of the recordings in MythWeb just fine.
>> Full frontend logs:
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Posting_Logs#Getting_Useful_Logs
>> though it's likely an upgrade to 0.26-fixes would fix the issue.
>
> Sorry, didn't see your message on time.
>
> Here is a -v all log of mythfrontend (I put it onto my hosting, as
> it's too big for pastebin): http://www.amg-rc.ru/fr1.log
> It contains start of the frontend and going through the menu to the
> list of videos, which was shown empty.
> Hope there will be something that points out the issue (I didn't find it though).
>

> I'm also thinking of upgrading his system to 0.26. But this likely
> means a reinstall / upgrade of Fedora, so that looks like a big
> project with many dependencies...

2013-02-05 12:03:34.782 MSqlQuery::exec(DBManager1) SELECT data  FROM settings WHERE value = 'DisplayRecGroup' AND hostname = 'fedora.host'<<<<  Returns 1 row(s)
2013-02-05 12:03:34.782 MSqlQuery::next(DBManager1) Result: "data = LiveTV"

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Why_aren.27t_my_new_recordings_showing_up_in_Watch_Recordings.3F

Mike