[mythtv-users] No recordings visible in mythfrontend, but mythweb is fine

Andrey Zhunev a-j at a-j.ru
Tue Feb 5 14:37:20 UTC 2013

Hello Tom,

>>  I'm also thinking of upgrading his system to 0.26. But this likely
>>  means a reinstall / upgrade of Fedora, so that looks like a big
>>  project with many dependencies...

> I did in place upgrades from Fedora 13 to Fedora 16 without too
> much trouble. Fedora 17+ looks like a mess, so I stayed at 16 for
> now. Just follow the 'yum upgrade' docs on the Fedora site and you
> should be fine on the OS side. It's time consuming since you have to
> go 14->15->16, you can't just leapfrog 15. I always run trunk, so I
> just recompiled after the upgrade and everything just 'worked' with
> minimal cleanup. I think LIRC was the only thing that broke for me.

Thanks for the hint! I thought about it. But Fedora 16 will soon be
out of support, too. It doesn't sound like a big progress.
I thought of moving to CentOS 6. That's what I did on my own system.
But CentOS is not very popular around here, so there are some issues
that seem to be distribution-specific and hard to solve...

Don't want this thread to become another "Which distro shall I choose?".
So I'd prefer to fix what my friend has now. And if there's no easy
solution - then we'll have to decide on an upgrade.

Thanks! :)