[mythtv-users] Problems after upgrading for 0.25 to 0.26

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Feb 14 11:08:22 UTC 2013

On 02/14/2013 05:46 AM, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
> On 02/13/2013 05:35 AM, gcsa60 wrote:
>> Feb 11 17:55:55 Server mythbackend[15446]: I CoreContext
>> schemawizard.cpp:117 (Compare) Current MythTV Schema Version
>> (DBSchemaVer): 1299
> If your problem is that the database schema has not yet been updated
> after the upgrade (rather than being a logging issue as surmised by
> Mike), then the following might be relevant.

I was only explaining why he wasn't seeing current logs.  That's not the
cause of his failure to run, only his inability to see the proper logs
with information about the failure.  The failure is because he's using
differently-versioned MythTV programs.

> When I recently upgraded from 0.24 to 0.25 (I know: not your scenario),
> I had to start the frontend on the backend machine in order to carry out
> the schema upgrade. Starting mythtv-setup did not do it.

The frontend only does schema upgrades for mythfrontend plugins.  And
mythtv-setup (*always* preferred) or mythbackend *running on the system
configured as the master backend* (if you're feeling lucky--and don't
care to check settings/what's new in configuration) will upgrade the
backend/TV schema.

Mike