[mythtv-users] Problems after upgrading for 0.25 to 0.26

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Feb 13 12:36:48 UTC 2013

On 02/13/2013 01:16 AM, gcsa60 wrote:
> On 13-02-12 09:23 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
>> At this point, I'd suggest putting the full output of your mythtv-setup
>> logs in a pastebin and putting a link to it here.
> Hi Bill,
>
> It just becomes more and more curious.
>
> Below is the link to the file generated using the logpath command.
>
>  http://paste.ubuntu.com/1642062/
>
> I have to say I'm confused by this because this is not the same log I
> was looking at before (i.e. /var/log/mythtv/mythtv-setup.log which was
> huge) and the line you were looking for before now reads.
>
> CoreContext schemawizard.cpp:118 (Compare) - Current MythTV Schema
> Version (DBSchemaVer): 1307
>

> There must be another Mythtv-setup.log somewhere.

Your system isn't properly configured for logging in 0.26--possibly
because you're half-way to being properly upgraded.

>> When you stopped your backend, did you verify that it actually stopped?
>> I'm asking because there have been reports of it not stopping,
>> especially
>> if its recording at the time. ps ax | grep mythbackend | grep -v grep
>> would prove it.
>
> This is the output to the above command.
>
> 15007 ?        Sl    62:56 /usr/bin/mythbackend --syslog local7 --user
> mythtv
> 15287 ?        Sl    67:49 /usr/bin/mythbackend --syslog local7 --user
> mythtv
>
> I'm wasn't sure what this meant so I went to the system monitor and
> the only  Myth process running was mythcdserver.  I'm not sure what
> that means either.
>
> Thanks for all your help.  I hope you don't lose interest.
>
> Chris
>
> PS: I'm signing off for the night so I won't be looking at this again
> until tomorrow.

If you haven't, yet, please reboot.  Often that's the simplest way to
ensure everything is stopped (which is definitely does when power is
removed) and restarted properly (which the system start scripts should
take care of).

Mike