[mythtv-users] Problems after upgrading for 0.25 to 0.26

gcsa60 gcsa60 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 06:16:09 UTC 2013

On 13-02-12 09:23 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
> At this point, I'd suggest putting the full output of your mythtv-setup
> logs in a pastebin and putting a link to it here.
Hi Bill,

It just becomes more and more curious.

Below is the link to the file generated using the logpath command.

  http://paste.ubuntu.com/1642062/

I have to say I'm confused by this because this is not the same log I
was looking at before (i.e. /var/log/mythtv/mythtv-setup.log which was
huge) and the line you were looking for before now reads.

CoreContext schemawizard.cpp:118 (Compare) - Current MythTV Schema Version (DBSchemaVer): 1307

There must be another Mythtv-setup.log somewhere.

> When you stopped your backend, did you verify that it actually stopped?
> I'm asking because there have been reports of it not stopping, especially
> if its recording at the time. ps ax | grep mythbackend | grep -v grep
> would prove it.

This is the output to the above command.

15007 ?        Sl    62:56 /usr/bin/mythbackend --syslog local7 --user
mythtv
15287 ?        Sl    67:49 /usr/bin/mythbackend --syslog local7 --user
mythtv

I'm wasn't sure what this meant so I went to the system monitor and the
only  Myth process running was mythcdserver.  I'm not sure what that
means either.

Thanks for all your help.  I hope you don't lose interest.

Chris

PS: I'm signing off for the night so I won't be looking at this again
until tomorrow.