[mythtv-users] Recommendation for a Cheap Frontend.

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Feb 1 17:06:47 UTC 2013

On 13-02-01 11:29 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Agreed.  mythfrontend is /the/ best frontend to use with MythTV.

If all you want to do is watch the TV mythtv recorded, sure.

I find mythfrontend falls down considerably at everything else including
DVD watching, network stream/service (i.e. Youtube and other online
video streaming), etc., and other information services such as weather.

But that's just my opinion, but seriously, every time I put a DVD into
my frontend I wonder how badly embarrassed I am going to be this time,
having to ssh into the frontend, look at logs, etc. to try to figure out
what's going wrong, etc.

b.