[mythtv-users] lapse in Schedulesdirect.org - when will it reappear?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 19:41:25 UTC 2013

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 7:22 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> Upgrading to .27 requires me to *upgrade the whole OS*.

Well, perhaps not the whole OS, but likely Qt (and
various other sundry packages).  And if you think
building MythTV is fun, you are going to be ecstatic
about building and maintaining Qt :-)

> But hell, I guess if I'm not happy about it, everyone involved will
> happily give me double my money back, so...

Yep, twice nothing is still nothing.

If you want longer term support, there is always the
dark side (although even Microsoft is EOLing WMC,
with the final support date somewhere in 2020.  I
hope MythTV will continue to live far beyond that
date (by 2020, version 0.33?)).