[mythtv-users] Fanless + Low Profile + VDPAU Advanced, 2X Deinterlacing

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 07:21:51 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 5:06 PM, Scott Knight <scott at scottknight.com> wrote:
> on 12/3/2013 10:45 AM William Powers carved the following into a picnic
> table:
>
>> ...is now possible.  Specifically, with an ASUS GT630-SL-2GD3-L.
>

> Good find. Do you have any way to test the lossless HD audio codecs?
>
> Intuition tells me that it probably supports them, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Finding this out regarding nvidia cards is quite difficult, far more
difficult than ascertaining what the video capabilities are!

However I think pretty well everything in the recentish in nvidia
cards supports HD Audio. But again that is as intuitive as your
response. Or perhaps call it an educated guess from spending ages on
here and XBMC forums.

Currently I have no way of testing, but our insurance company is
finally going to start fixing our house after Xmas (3 years since it
was damaged) and as a result I will have a room suitable for a decent
audio system. 7.1 and lossless HD audio here I come!