[mythtv-users] scheduled later, but no later

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 25 00:07:51 UTC 2012

On 09/24/2012 07:47 PM, Ross Boylan wrote:
> My recording rules generate 3 shows recording at the same time, but my
> tuner can only do 2 at once. I uses schedulesdirect.  The schedule shows
> one of them in yellow with an L for later.  On the bottom right it says
> "Find Weekly + 2 later showing".
>
> The problem is that there are not any later showings of the episode,
> although there are later showings of other episodes in the series (it's
> Castle, if it matters).
>
> The schedule rule says "record one showing of this title every week,"
> which it is managing to do.
>
> I think the show with the conflict is the season premiere, while the
> others are repeats or (next week) other new episodes.
>
> Is there a way to make the scheduler realize that different episodes are
> not substitutes?
>
> I think probably this is the only showing for all 3 episodes, and so I'm
> stuck losing one.  I'm just a little concerned that myth seems to think
> it has solved the problem when it really hasn't.

No, the "one per day/week" rules consider recording any episode a success.

You should probably be using a different rule if you actually want all
the new ones when they air--like a "record all", potentially with a "new
episodes" filter.  And, you can use rule priorities to have MythTV
automatically handle conflicts (i.e. if Castle is more important to you
than the other 2 shows, give it a higher priority).

Mike