[mythtv-users] scheduled later, but no later

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Mon Sep 24 23:47:34 UTC 2012

My recording rules generate 3 shows recording at the same time, but my
tuner can only do 2 at once. I uses schedulesdirect.  The schedule shows
one of them in yellow with an L for later.  On the bottom right it says
"Find Weekly + 2 later showing".

The problem is that there are not any later showings of the episode,
although there are later showings of other episodes in the series (it's
Castle, if it matters).

The schedule rule says "record one showing of this title every week,"
which it is managing to do.

I think the show with the conflict is the season premiere, while the
others are repeats or (next week) other new episodes.

Is there a way to make the scheduler realize that different episodes are
not substitutes?

I think probably this is the only showing for all 3 episodes, and so I'm
stuck losing one.  I'm just a little concerned that myth seems to think
it has solved the problem when it really hasn't.

Ross