[mythtv-users] USB tuner advice for UK DVB-T

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 08:02:22 UTC 2012

On 22 September 2012 23:49, Roger Siddons <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> I've been very impressed with the dual tuner
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Kworld_UB499-2T (T09 version) that you
> can pick up from Maplin's for £17 (Code A17HG). It needs a 3.2 kernel (ie.
> Ub 12.04), you have to install the firmware, it mucks up the backend log and
> the remote is rubbish.
> However it's been reliable and has provided perfect recordings for the past
> 6 weeks. Much better than my Hauppauge PCI; it's now become my primary
> tuner. Build quality is questionable but for that price I don't need it to
> last forever.

Reading the LinuxTV wiki page (and noting the section about disabling
the PID filter) it is still not 100% clear to me whether each tuner
will pass through the whole transport stream and therefore support
mutlirec in MythTV. Are you able to confirm or deny whether this dual
tuner is multirec-capable?

Cheers,
Nick