[mythtv-users] Mythtv for Android Update 2012-09-22

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sat Sep 22 13:49:57 UTC 2012

On 12-09-22 12:39 AM, Daniel Frey wrote:

> In
> fact, I was recently stuck in an airport for an extended period of time
> and, through an ssh tunnel into my backend, was able to stream a recording
> and I wasn't even on wifi.  Just AT&T 4G (not LTE),

It was *because* you weren't on (airport) wifi, not despite it.

Airport wifi sucks, in general, in my experience.  Take Denver
International Airport for example.  Very pathetic (free) wifi provided
by Boingo.  I'm sure it's almost uselessness has nothing at all do to
with the fact Boingo are also trying to sell pay-per-use wifi in the
exact same location, branded as "better than the free wifi".  I suppose
it should be branded "not crippled like the free wifi, which we do on
purpose to aggravate you into paying for our uncrippled wifi."

> Please let us know what issues you are running into.

Has 0.25-fixes seen the updates required to make this all work yet?

b.