[mythtv-users] Mythtv for Android Update 2012-09-22

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 04:39:02 UTC 2012

All,

I wanted to let you know there is a new download available on github dated
9/22/2012.  In this release you will find significant changes in how the
data is loaded from the backend as well as an improvement in the speed of
the UI.  You can download it here
https://github.com/MythTV-Android/mythtv-for-android/downloads

I would like to note that the README now contains a breakdown of the
Android permissions, as well as how we are using them.  It can be found
here:
https://github.com/MythTV-Android/mythtv-for-android/blob/master/README
You will also find an explanation as to how we are using Zeroconf to
auto-configure the backend (if you choose) and frontends.

As of the recent release of BS Player, I have been unable to use it to play
HLS streams.  Try using MX Player as I have had more success with it.  In
fact, I was recently stuck in an airport for an extended period of time
and, through an ssh tunnel into my backend, was able to stream a recording
and I wasn't even on wifi.  Just AT&T 4G (not LTE),

Please let us know what issues you are running into.

Thanks for all your continued support and patience as we build the app.

Dan and the Mythtv for Android Team.

--
My Google Profile <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey>