[mythtv-users] New blue-abstract theme 1.8

Robert Siebert trebor_s at web.de
Wed Sep 19 14:31:38 UTC 2012

Siebert wrote:

>>> Am 15.09.2012 02:43, schrieb Scott & Nicole
Harris:

mailing list that a new version

changes,

Robert, I downloaded version 1.8 a few days ago, and I'm very impressed
with how polished it is. Thanks.

> A few more issues I noticed while
using the new version for a few days:
> - The OSD element in top left
corner is not taking GUI offsets into
> account. I use different
resolutions for video vs. GUI and while
> watching recordings, the top
left corner of the screen is outside the
> viewport, so that this OSD
element is only partially visible.
> - I wonder why there are distinct
background images missing for some
> major menu points like Media
Library.
> - The upcoming recording entries aren't colored, which makes
it hard
> to determine the different state of the different recordings
from each
> other.
> - The auto-scrolling of some text areas is far to
fast, e.g. for the
> episode descriptions. I'd rather have them not
scrolling at all, so I
> can always read the beginning of the
description and hit INFO for the
> complete text.

Regarding the
missing background images: I use my own (imho better structured) menu
(which you can activate in the appearance settings, it called
blue-abstract-menu). There I don't use the media gallery. I'll add the
background to it in the next version.

I'll add some color to the
upcoming recording text.

Unfortunately there is no option to change
the scrolling speed. I'll think about disabling it. You can still
disable the scrolling yourself in the xml file.

Regarding the top left
OSD element, I wonder if its a theme issue or another one. These are
multiple windows like osd_message or osd_input. There area is defined
like this: <area>0,0,1280,720</area>. So maybe the OSD part in MythTV
does not scale it correctly. I'll look into that.

Best regards

Robert S