[mythtv-users] Remote Control MythMusic

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 05:42:57 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 4:59 AM, Karl Dietz
<dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org> wrote:
> On 10.09.2012 18:31, Greg G. wrote:
>
>> And don't ignore the fact that my primary question was if what I'm after
>> is possible with MythTV. I just can't believe that my friend's stinking
>> Logitech is so much more capable than my system :-)
>

> Just show off use cases where MythTV is leader of the pack.

On the music front I agree.

The android squezebox app is good, a little slow at times, but very
good nonetheless.

I have two squeezeboxes and my lounge frontend (running squeezeslave)
all running synchronised as I type this, and controlling with the
android phone. I could also take the android phone out to the garage
and listen to the same in it's earphones/external speakers using an
app which makes your android phone a squeeze player as well as
controller.

In terms of OP's requirements:

     - now playing info
    - select any one of N preset playlists
    - append/replace tracks from library to current playlist
    - LCDproc support
    - lirc support
    - low profile package dependency&  ALSA output (I'm running Mythbuntu

    and would hate to pull in all of Gnome (gstreamer, pulse), not even
    speaking of KDE).
    - Android remote controll App

Yes I can tick all those boxes.

PS you don't need any actual squeezeboxes, you can run the player
daemon on your frontend, the server on your backend, and use the
android app to control it all.