[mythtv-users] Anybody having problems with SchedulesDirect?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 01:38:14 UTC 2012

On 09/13/2012 07:39 PM, Matt Emmott wrote:
> So this looks like an issue. The logs have me going to http://webservices
> .schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com/schedulesdirect/tvlistings/xtvdService
> But I'm not totally sure the data is there. Going to
> http://webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com/schedulesdirect tells
> me the resource is not available. If I go to the full URL I'm prompted for
> a username and PW... I give it my schedulesdirect credentials and the
> response is *The specified HTTP method is not allowed for the requested
> resource (HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL).
> Is that what I should see?

At this point, I fire up wireshark and watch the protocol. You can't use
the browser. It sends the GET you're seeing and SchedulesDirect is expecting

The 1st POST will be answered with a '401 Unauthorized' (which is correct.)

The 2nd POST will include your user name in clear text and your password
encrypted as well as the realm:

    Authorization: Digest username="yourPasswordHere", realm="TMSWebServiceRealm", ...

You're not getting bitten by a '@' in your username are you?