[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 12.04 and sleep

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 03:48:30 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:

> I hate to keep bumping my own thread, but I'm at a loss here.  Doesn't
> anyone have their machines set to suspend automatically when idle?  I have
> been looking everywhere and I can't figure out any way to prevent it from
> sleeping while I'm watching video.  I suspect that I'm simply using the
> wrong seach terms, but I have tried everything I can think of.

I use mythbuntu 10.04 frontends and they sleep and unsleep perfectly.
At my parents, I installed a mythbuntu 11.10 frontend and it sleeps
only when I am not watching a video but it eventually gets into a deep
sleep where the screen never wakes up requiring me to power-cycle the
box.  On my ubuntu 12.04 laptop running unity, the screensaver will
kick in when I am watching videos.

My approach is to stick to 10.04 for myth frontends since it has been
the best release for me so far.  If you are stuck with 12.04 though,
you might want to try the mythbuntu forums that are at
http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=301

Cheers,
Whytey