[mythtv-users] Transcoding switches audio tracks

Preston Crow pc-mythtv08a at crowcastle.net
Wed Sep 12 15:48:49 UTC 2012

I've had a problem with several recordings where transcoding switches
the default audio track.  It's usually not a big deal to manually change
it back, but I would like to fix it for one that we will be showing to
our son multiple times.

I think I recall in the past losing the correct audio track altogether
if I transcoded the show a second time, but I can't verify that.

The track that is being picked as the new default after transcoding is
the descriptive audio.

This is on digital recordings from a HD Homerun, so it's the raw MPEG
from the cable feed (on unencrypted channels).  We've only seen it on
two channels, so it could be something with Fox and one of the PBS
affiliates, but we don't record enough to have solid data (and it may be
those are the only channels that we record that have the descriptive
audio tracks).