[mythtv-users] deinterlacing 1080i content on 720 display

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Mon Sep 10 18:38:58 UTC 2012

> 630 - a rebadged 440 (essentially a 430 with a slightly higher clock
> rate).  I would expect this to run advanced 2x on 1080i content ok,
> but I haven't actually seen anyone report on its performance on
> Mythtv.  Joseph, how is it working for you?

As expected, my GT440 works as well I would have expected for a upclocked
430.... essentially flawless for the intended purpose.

One thing to note however, the GT440 does run a bit warmer than a 430, and
there is no fanless version that I have seen.  I successfully edited the
bios with NiBiTor and reduced the fan speed to the minimum level required
to make the fan spin... this, plus a couple of rubber washers on the fan
mount, resulted in the near silent machine I was hoping for.