[mythtv-users] A few 0.25 mythfilldatabase questions

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Sep 5 03:18:14 UTC 2012

On 09/04/2012 06:08 PM, Tom Dexter wrote:
> I've been preparing to upgrade to 0.25 from 0.24 (running under
> Gentoo). A few things have me a little confused as to the changes in
> mythfilldatabase:
>
> My current setup has the --refresh-today option added in my settings.
> If I remember correctly, that gets me today in addition to
> tomorrow(??).  I'm not clear as to how to get that same functionality
> with the new syntax.  The wiki help on --refresh isn't very specific
> as to what the options are.

What listings source?  If you're using Schedules Direct, you should
really use --dd-grab-all , and just get all the data they have in one
download to make sure you always have the most-current data for every
day of listings.

See
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/449426#449426
and
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/449416#449416
for details about --dd-grab-all .

> Also, when mythfilldatabase runs automatically from the backend, does
> it inherit the new log settings from the backend...specifically
> --logpath, --loglevel and --nodblog?

Yes.

> Speaking of --nodblog, I was a little surprised that database logging
> is on by default.  I've never had any and have no interest in it at
> all.   I don't recall ever doing anything to disable it...is that
> default new as of 0.25?

Yes--because it hurts nothing and allows viewing/parsing/processing of
logging information from anywhere on the network, using--for
example--the Python bindings or the MythTV Services API.  Note that it's
cleaned up for you automatically, too, so it really causes no extra work
for you.

Mike