[mythtv-users] Displayed recording duration not updated after applying cutlist

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 4 13:16:30 UTC 2012

On 09/04/2012 09:06 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
> Yes, switching from mythtranscode --mpeg2 --rebuild to mythcommflag
> --rebuild --file has cured the duration problem as described above.
> Now there seem to be others in resuming playback after entering the
> editor if I try to use it for skipping around in the processed file.
> Sometimes it resumes as expected, sometimes it just quits.  I haven't
> got it sussed yet.  I tried swapping the order of the clearcutlist and
> rebuild calls but don't recollect seeing a difference. mythcommflag
> --rebuild complains about a broken pipe, too.  I think that's why I
> hadn't moved to it before.  And it seems that neither it nor the
> editor's clearcutlist action will consistently set the EOF as a skip
> point.

Yes. We really need to consolidate all the different parts of the 2
different approaches for rebuilding the seektable into one location so
we can get rid of the redundant (yet different--and, therefore, causing
these issues) code and different available approaches (which cause user
(and dev) confusion).  If anyone feels like working on such patches,
they would be greatly appreciated.  Though it's on my TODO list, I don't
expect to get to it soon.

Mike