[mythtv-users] Segfault on starting playback

Stephen Robertson stephengrobertson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 09:47:10 UTC 2012

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 6:05 PM, Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Stephen Robertson
> <stephengrobertson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Anything else I can help with just let me know.
>>
>> Stephen
>
> If you are set up to build from source, could you try this patch?
> http://pastebin.com/7Pj1Kjke
>
> This seems to fix the valgrind uninitialized memory warnings on my
> system, and I'm hoping it will fix the crashes on other systems.
>
> Thanks

Well I'm making progress,sort of, but no explanation yet!

Built the latest from git, installed and run.  Tried my "broken"
recording and it played every time.  Then I realised I had not applied
your patch!

Uninstalled, installed from mythbuntu ppa, tried the same recording
and, as expected, on the second attempt I get a segmentation fault.

Removed the mythbunutu version, installed my local build (still
without the patch) and the recording plays back fine.

--version outputs are below.  The complied in option differences are

mythbuntu has extra:
using_crystalhd
using_firewire
using_libcec
using_libxml2
using_xrandr
using_xv
using_vaapi
using_libass

I'll keep testing and see if I can get anything else useful.  Any
suggestions gratefully received.

Stephen

Mythbuntu:

MythTV Version : v0.26-rc-23-gb5fbc74
MythTV Branch : master
Network Protocol : 75
Library API : 0.26.20120822-1
QT Version : 4.8.1
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto
using_libdns_sd using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_v4l2 using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi
using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg using_libass

My Build:
MythTV Version : v0.26-rc-23-gb5fbc74
MythTV Branch : master
Network Protocol : 75
Library API : 0.26.20120822-1
QT Version : 4.8.1
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb using_frontend
using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_lirc
using_mheg using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript
using_qtdbus using_v4l2 using_x11 using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode
using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg