[mythtv-users] Error when watching live tv

Jordan H. jordannh at fastmail.fm
Tue Sep 4 01:55:26 UTC 2012

I'm using MythtTV 0.2.5 on Linux Mint with a Hauppauge TV Tuner (I forget
the exact model at the moment, but here's the lspci output:
02:00.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23887/8 PCIe
Broad
cast Audio and Video Decoder with 3D Comb (rev 04)
         Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. Device 2259
         Memory at fba00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2M]
         Capabilities: <access denied>
         Kernel driver in use: cx23885
         Kernel modules: cx23885
).

A lot of the channels are fine, but I get a crash on some of the channels
with the error message:

		Error opening jump program file buffer

Not only that, but switching between channels takes FOREVER (okay, about
two seconds at minimum).  The channel switching delay has been a problem
since I started using MythTV, but the error I get happened only recently
and I didn't do anything to trigger it.

I tried to rescan the channels, but I'm getting the exact same result.