[mythtv-users] HDPVR cat video0 input output error. Everything seems in place

Alan Young ayoung at teleport.com
Wed Oct 31 14:45:14 UTC 2012

Mark wrote:
> How do I make the debug verbose on the module?  hdpvr module I think
> would be the one?

modinfo hdpvr will show the module's parameters.   Since you are trying
to copy video outside of
mythtv, check that these are set correctly first

parm:           default_video_input:default video input: 0=Component /
1=S-Video / 2=Composite (uint)

parm:           default_audio_input:default audio input: 0=RCA back /
1=RCA front / 2=S/PDIF (uint)

If unloading the module and reloading it with the correct input values
does not help, you can also set
and reload the module with

parm:           hdpvr_debug:enable debugging output (int)

One other thing to check is that the HDPVR is plugged into a USB 2.0 or
later host controller.
Capturing more than a 480i signal with a USB 1.1 controller is known not
to work.

Alan