[mythtv-users] Move from Nvidia 220 to what card?

F.B. Parker fbp.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 15:21:59 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Bert Haskins <bhaskins at chartermi.net>
wrote:

> I'm thinking about that one plus:
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500250

Given that the only two reviews on that Zotac card are bad, I'd hesitate to
order it.

But I am thinking about getting a GT 220. I have been using a GT 430 with
VDPAU for over a year. It does a reasonably good job, but there are
situations where the video output of my cable-co set-top box/DVR is
noticeably better than the output of the GT 430, especially on medium to
fast panning scenes, where all pixels are changing rapidly. In those cases
the GT 430 can be seen to stutter or hesitate just slightly, while the
cable-co DVR is very smooth.

Might a GT 220 improve this?

-FBP