[mythtv-users] Weird problem with DVB-T receiver (0.25.2)

Dirk dirk_aust at gmx.de
Mon Oct 29 21:11:38 UTC 2012

The access rights should be ok. The log output of mythbackend shows nothing about a receiver access, even with loglevel debug. Nor shows an strace dump something. I can only see the db access for 'capturecard'

Karl Dietz <dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org> schrieb:

On 29.10.2012 20:45, Dirk Aust wrote:
> I have an older USB DVB-T receiver, it's recognized by mythtv-setup, I
> can scan for channels and find the all! etc.
>
> But, the backend doesn't even try to access the receiver. No EIT scan,
> and also no recording possible.

What does your backend log show? Maybe the user running the backend is
not allowed to access the device?

What does "ls -ld /dev/dvb/adapter*{,/*}" show?

> Any ideas? May an update to 0.26 help?

unlikely to help with that issue, but likely with others :-)

btw, what distribution / which packages are you running?

Regards,
Karl