[mythtv-users] Lossless Cut - Remove recording after successful export to Mythvideo

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Fri Oct 26 20:22:11 UTC 2012

Stephen,
I have mulled over this kind of option as either a configuration option
or as a command line switch. The issue is that when Lossless Cut is used
as a single userjob it is an all or nothing proposition. If a command
line switch was used and you added two Lossless Cut export userjobs, one
witha delete recorded file switch and one withoutthat is viable.

     I have two Lossless Cut jobs myself one does a MythTVExport and one
that moves the Lossless Cut file to an "archive" directory whose
lossless cut videos get transcoded by handbrake (cronjob) overnight. The
issue I found was that I would occasionallypick the wrong Lossless Cut
userjob. In my case neither job is destructive and I never use the
replace option. If you can live with that risk adding a delete command
line option is not a big deal.

Reply with a thumbs up or down within the next 24 hours as I am
finishing coding a new released including fixes, new features and a
significant improvement in subtitle support.

Thanks for your input.

Doug