[mythtv-users] Commercial Flagging (UK, DVB-T)

Tim Phipps phipps-hutton at sky.com
Fri Oct 26 10:47:13 UTC 2012

Quoting Mark Greenwood <fatgerman at gmail.com>:

> My knowledge of C being what it isn't, I'm stumped by even the
> simplest cryptic messages from compilers. I compiled it again
> without the -Werror because I don't think this error/warning
> actually matters, and carried on.

Yes, I'll take that out of the wiki. bit rot strikes again.

> Where your instructions say
>
> Follow the instructions on Mythcommflag-wrapper.
>
> I assume this means to change the Advert-detection command in the
> backend setup to '/usr/local/bin/mausc_wrapper.py -j %JOBID% -V 0'

It should be '/usr/local/bin/mausc_wrapper.py %JOBID%'. That's me
being lazy and not adding in enough options.

I'll put that in the wiki too.

> I then went to my recorded programs and started commercial flagging
> for one of them. Nothing appears to be happening. There's nothing in
> any log anywhere? so I'm not sure if it's working or not. Other than
> watching the show to see if it has commercial breaks detected, what
> else can I look for?

Once you change the backend settings make sure the channel is not
marked as commercial-free or it won't run. If you have mythweb set up
you should be able to see it in the backend status page job queue
section.

Cheers,
Tim.