[mythtv-users] Commercial Flagging (UK, DVB-T)

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Oct 26 06:54:36 UTC 2012

Mark Greenwood wrote:
>... for all UK users, what settings do you use to make it work?

FWIW, I find the defaults do an "OK" job a lot of the time. It does vary ...

On ITV1 I find it's hit and miss between mostly OK and no point. But
on imports from the USA (CSI*, Ice Road Truckers, and that sort of
thing) it tends to work fairly well - well enough that I've not got
annoyed enough to try anything else.

Now there was a request on this list a short while ago for samples of
stuff that didn't commflag properly - must go back and figure out who
it was. So I have kept some examples. I just found myself with an
"unexpected project" which left me with no spare time to pull out the
database entries or note the correct cut-points to go with them.

--
Simon Hobson