[mythtv-users] ATrpms

Scott Knight scott at scottknight.com
Wed Oct 24 00:42:08 UTC 2012

on 10/23/2012 7:40 PM Rich West carved the following into a picnic table:
> Does anyone know what happened to the ATrpms repo for F16 version 0.25?
> Although 0.26 is now out, I'm still at 0.25 and not yet prepared to
> upgrade (WAF to be determined first) my MythTV setup just so I can test
> a new piece of GPU based hardware out as a possible mythfrontend.
For x86_64 on both F16 and F17, I only see 0.24 packages.  I have no
idea what happened to Axel or the 0.25.x packages, which I have
installed on my systems.  Source RPMs are available for 0.24-0.26. This
development has forced me to do something I have needed to learn for
quite a while anyway...build from source.  This is quite a non-trivial
undertaking.  I have finally successfully built the packages for
0.26-290 and possibly updated source from fixes/0.26 and built those
packages.  I say possibly, because I am not comfortable enough with the
process to validate that my packages are good.  I will be testing them soon.

At any rate, in my quest to do the above, I came across a couple of
references to the --repackage argument to the rpm command.  It's
supposed to build an rpm file from an installed package.  The only
problem is, I can't test it because the rpm command on F17 says
--repackage is not supported.  There is also this project which says it
does exactly the same thing:
http://rpmrebuild.sourceforge.net/

You might want to look into exporting your packages from one of the
running systems to install on a test system.  Or learn to build the
source RPM.  Or use rpmfusion.

Good luck, Scott