[mythtv-users] Ignoring certain channels from certain inputs

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Sun Oct 21 15:41:36 UTC 2012

On 21.10.2012 13:08, Mark Greenwood wrote:

> I appreciate you all taking the time to post this info, trouble is
> you've all assumed I have qualifications in broadcast technology.
>
> For example:
>
>> Select the transports that match your "good" transmitter and do a
>> "Scan existing transports" instead of a full scan
>
> What are transports? How do I know which transports match my good
> transmitter? Where do I go to select the transports once I've found out?
> Why do I even need to know all this when Panasonic can make a TV that
> does it all for me?

Transport is the digital data stream that is transmitted on a frequency
or transponder.

Basically you should have DVB transmitters around you that operate on
different sets of frequencies. Pick the transmitter site that you expect
to have the best reception and select any of its frequencies for the
channel scan. Then scan and let MythTV learn the other frequencies from
that one frequency.

You should end up with one set of channels instead of multiple copies of
each channel.

I don't know of specific websites for looking up UK transmitters, but I
sent the dataset from our frequency agency to dvbtmap.eu so they cover
more or less all of Europe.

Regards,
Karl