[mythtv-users] Ignoring certain channels from certain inputs

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 11:08:11 UTC 2012

Thanks all for your informative responses. My TV is a Panasonic and has always tuned itself perfectly wherever I've lived.

I appreciate you all taking the time to post this info, trouble is you've all assumed I have qualifications in broadcast technology.

For example:

> Select the transports that match your "good" transmitter and do a "Scan existing transports" instead of a full scan

What are transports? How do I know which transports match my good transmitter? Where do I go to select the transports once I've found out? Why do I even need to know all this when Panasonic can make a TV that does it all for me?

I appreciate that mythtv is international and that what works here won't work anywhere else, but I still think it'd be worth giving it a go because over the years I've been using it I've come to feel a sense of terror whenever I think something might need reconfiguring :)

Mark