[mythtv-users] Duplicate program ID - UK radio times data

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 14:02:55 UTC 2012

On 21 October 2012 13:51, John Veness
> I had a problem with the latest episode of QI XL not recording. Looking back
> in Previously Recorded it didn't record because Myth thought it had been
> recorded previously, even though it's a brand new episode. It looks like it
> incorrectly has the same episode ID as the episode from last week, even
> though the episode title and description is different.

Prompted by your message I've checked and see that QI XL didn't record
yesterday. I'd noticed the episode was scheduled to record normally
earlier in the week but have had to spend a lot of the week in bed so
didn't notice it missing from the listings last night.

Looking through my logs and archived raw data, the BBC listings were
changed on Thursday 18th October to alter the episode number of the
offending episode "Joints" of QI XL from 5 to 6. This caused it to
conflict with the previous episode "J-Places" which was given the
episode number 6, even though it was broadcast as the fifth episode of
the series.

Another issue I've also noticed is that this tenth series ("J") is
being included in the upstream listings as being series 11, whereas
series "I" being shown on Dave is correctly given as series 9. I'll
open a bug report with the listings provider.

Cheers,
Nick