[mythtv-users] Ignoring certain channels from certain inputs

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 20:34:13 UTC 2012

On 20 Oct 2012, at 09:26, Simon Hobson wrote:

> Mark Greenwood wrote:
>
>> OK thanks. I may just buy another Realtek stick instead, I've no wish to go through the agony of tuning and setting channel numbers again. I get signals from 3 transmitters and sorting out the mess of duplicates, weak channels, and unwanted stuff took me literally all afternoon.
>
> Script it. You need to go through the effort of setting up the script once (and updating it every time they mess about with channels), but it makes rescans a lot quicker.
> There are several pages on the Wiki for channel editing scripts - one of them should give you a base to start from.
>
> As to ignoring the weak transmitters - don't do a full scan, but either from a clean start scan a specific frequency and tick the box (whose name escapes me) to find related transports. Once you have all the transports you want, then do a "Scan existing transports" and it will only pick up the channels you want from your main transmitter.

Well it's nice to know that it's possible, but I'm not sure I have the patience. My TV tunes itself in 2 minutes flat and orders the channels in a sensible order. I think I'd be happier, rather than creating a workaround script, if I started looking at the channel scanner code and making it significantly more intelligent. Anybody like to point me in a starting direction?

Cheers,
Mark