[mythtv-users] Ignoring certain channels from certain inputs

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Sat Oct 20 11:01:15 UTC 2012

Mark Greenwood wrote:

>  > Script it. You need to go through the effort of setting up the
>script once (and updating it every time they mess about with
>channels), but it makes rescans a lot quicker.
>>  There are several pages on the Wiki for channel editing scripts -
>>one of them should give you a base to start from.
>>
>>  As to ignoring the weak transmitters - don't do a full scan, but
>>either from a clean start scan a specific frequency and tick the
>>box (whose name escapes me) to find related transports. Once you
>>have all the transports you want, then do a "Scan existing
>>transports" and it will only pick up the channels you want from
>>your main transmitter.
>
>Well it's nice to know that it's possible, but I'm not sure I have
>the patience. My TV tunes itself in 2 minutes flat and orders the
>channels in a sensible order. I think I'd be happier, rather than
>creating a workaround script, if I started looking at the channel
>scanner code and making it significantly more intelligent. Anybody
>like to point me in a starting direction?

Sensible by who's definition ? I'm fairly certain that if you asked a
random selection of users what order they want, you'd probably get
more answers than people you asked !
I can do a rescan in a couple of minutes - the slowest bit is working
out what channels have appeared, and what has disappeared. Don't
forget you also need to update your listings grabber (I use the RT
feed) as well.

This is (more or less) the script I use :
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_editing_script

--
Simon Hobson