[mythtv-users] help changing asx stream codec

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Oct 17 04:28:15 UTC 2012

* On Mon Oct 15, 2012 at 03:58:09PM -0500, Raymond Norton wrote:
> Is the seek feature still a work in progress? I have found if I leave
> the stream play, everything works as expected, but when seeking, strange
> things happen-repeat segments, can't go further forward than where I
> last left off,  attempting to replay stream beings me to where I left
> off previously, etc...

Seeking is a feature of the player, not of the encoder.  Some (?most?)
players will not allow seeking if the stream is still being encoded.
That's one of the reasons I'm working on the on-demand encoder.  The
on-demand encoder will pretend the whole stream has been encoded and
will encode the segments and playlists on demand as they are requested.

This will also allow you to startup playback wherever you left off,
even if the originally created playlist(s) and segments don't exist
anymore.  They'll be recreated on demand again as needed.

--
Chris