[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct not populating

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 15 23:12:10 UTC 2012

On 10/15/2012 04:25 PM, Jimmy Brokaw wrote:
> On 2012-10-14 19:34, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> You can never enable multiple listings sources on any channel.
>>
>> You're letting (bad) EIT stomp all over the (good) Schedules Direct
>> data.  (And, since EIT in the US is garbage, that's what you're seeing
>> in your guide.)
>
> From the backend setup, Video Sources:
>
> Perform EIT scan:
> If enabled, program guide data for channels on this source will be
> updated with data provided by the channels themselves 'Over-the-Air'
>
> I read that to mean that it *updates* the SchedulesDirect data with
> newer data OTA, not that it deletes all the SchedulesDirect data and
> just uses EIT outright.
>
> Anyway, I disabled it and no change. I am thinking of re-installing
> MythTV entirely. I still can't get into the Channel Editor (I used to
> be able to), and yesterday I started not being able to watch one
> particular channel (no channel lock), today nothing is locking. I
> don't know what's going on, but it's driving me crazy.

Best way to clean it out is to use Delete all video sources, as at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 .
Re-installing MythTV won't do anything useful, unless in the
uninstall/reinstall the package manager deletes your database and
creates a new one.  Much easier is Delete all video sources, which is
equivalent to starting with a fresh database when it comes to video
sources, channels, and input connections.  (And Delete all capture cards
would be equivalent to a fresh database when it comes to capture cards
and input connections.)

Mike