[mythtv-users] Lost all recordings because of ".xsession-errors" file

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 02:27:18 UTC 2012

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 10/13/2012 01:27 AM, Joseph Fry wrote:
>>
>> OUCH.... Someone ought to add a few entries in the various wiki's and
>> readme's that your media should be stored on it's own partition(s)...
>

> I think what you mean "Someone ought to figure out a way to get users to
> find/notice/read the entries in the various wikis and readmes that your
> media should be stored on its own partition(s)."  :)

Or one could move to a (mature) file system with a robust quota
implementation (without the need for partitioning).  Of course, that
adds a requirement for the user to understand quotas, and those
that use single partitions are less likely to be in that group (ZFS
users are special :-)