[mythtv-users] does MythTV include DLNA and/or UPnP A/V for watching recorded shows over the network?

coder1024 coder1024 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 20:37:56 UTC 2012

I'm interested in trying out MythTV.  I understand that if I get a TV tuner
card and setup MythTV that it'll record shows onto the local hard drive.  I
don't want to watch the recorded shows on the computer, though, I want to
watch them on the big screen TV which is in a different room (but which has
network connectivity to the PC).

In the past I've used TVersity which is a DLNA / UPnP A/V server.  This
allows you to watch video files which are hosted on the PC on a TV over the
network, streaming the video to the TV.

Does MythTV include this sort of functionality?  Or does it just record the
show to the hard drive and I'm required to get it over to the TV on the
network using something else (like TVersity)?