[mythtv-users] Cant add channel linup on fresh installs

Krys Allen allen.krys at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 00:23:36 UTC 2012

On Oct 11, 2012, at 6:56 PM, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:

>   I am sure it isn't pulling the lineup because there is nothing to select

>>> in his previous post in this thread he pointed out (or at list this is
>>> what I think he was saying) that you do not have any channels
>>> configured in your schedules direct lineup...ie: your lineup is empty,
>>> so there is nothing to download. I'm not sure that makes sense,
>>> because even if the lineup were empty I'd expect it to at least show
>>> up in the list of possible lineups, but I believe you said that box
>>> was empty.
>>>

>> What I tried to say in my other response was that it seemed that even
>> though the GUI didn't show any lineups, one was set in your Video Source:
>>

>> 2012-10-10 13:02:34.624980 I [2853/2853] CoreContext filldata.cpp:600
>> (Run) - Updating source #1 (cox) with grabber schedulesdirect1
>> 2012-10-10 13:02:34.625235 I [2853/2853] CoreContext filldata.cpp:620
>> (Run) - No channels are configured to use grabber.
>>
>> However, it's possible that "cox" in that message is actually the Video
>> Source name and not the SD lineup name.
>>
>> For now, please try setting the grabber to "No grabber".  Then, exit
>> mythtv-setup and re-enter mythtv-setup.  From there, how I would proceed
>> depends on what type of capture device you're using, so I'll need to know
>> what you're trying to configure.  (In the meantime, you can see if just
>> changing it to "No grabber" and exiting, then going back in jars it into
>> working.  Also, you may want to try the "reset all Video
>> Source/Channel/Capture Card" approach described at
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.**com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#**264034<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034>.  If the problem is something messed up in your configuration, that will
>> remove the misconfiguration, then it's just a matter of re-configuring it
>> correctly.)
>>

> I don't believe it's an issue that would be resolved like that... he has
> reinstalled several versions of mythbuntu and mythtv, several times, on
> different hardware, and even on a different network.
>
> I suspect he is doing something during installation that is causing
> this... perhaps it's an issue with his mysql password, or the way he is
> partitioning, etc.... other than a SD account issue (and he even tried
> creating a new one and changing passwords... and the account works fine on
> his existing backend)... I can't find any other common element except the
> installation itself.
>

> You know I keep thinking it might be something silly I'm doing during
> install as well, but I just take all the defaults and as soon as it boots
> the first time I go in and try to add the lineup, I just don't see what I
> could be missing...

nothing unusual about your user account name or password on SD?  Perhaps
mythtv-setup doesn't like some characters that SD and mythfilldatabase
don't care about?  Mine username is my email address (all lower case, a
total of 15 chars) and it's never given me any trouble.  My password is
equally simple (no special characters or anything that might get filtered
out for any reason).

Nope username is 6 letters password is 8 alpha numerical. I just wish the
error log was more telling, anyone know the command that runs when you
click that button? Any way to run it manually to see if there is more
detail in the error?