[mythtv-users] mythtranscode --mpeg2 lossless transcode broken in .26 - ticket #11090

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sat Oct 6 04:28:39 UTC 2012

Kevon <mythtv at reidsresidence.com> wrote:

>For those using --fifodir, is closed caption preserved in the vidout
>file or will I have to rip the cc with a separate pass of the video
>source? Do you run into sync issues when merging the streams? The last
>time I tried --fifodir, most of my videos had sync issues.
Sync should be perfect: --fifodir uses a clever algorithm, inserting a few extra frames or dropping the odd one so that the audio and video will remux perfectly. There can be slight glitches at cut points, but --cleancut can prevent those. There was a bug for a while that could mess up the sync when transcoding MPEG streams, but that seems to be fixed now on the 0.25 branch.

I didn't realise there was any transcode method that preserved cc.