[mythtv-users] mythtranscode --mpeg2 lossless transcode broken in .26 - ticket #11090

Kevon mythtv at reidsresidence.com
Mon Oct 8 05:36:25 UTC 2012

On 10/06/2012 12:28 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:

> I didn't realise there was any transcode method that preserved cc.

The --mpeg2 option leaves all streams in the source file unchanged,
including the cc. Technically, it does not do any transcoding. I use it
with the --honorcutlist to chop the commercials, leaving only the
watchable portion of the videos.

The --fifodir option seems to be extremely slower than the --mpeg2
option. Does it change any of the source streams? Mythccextractor does
not have a cutlist option. How can I rip the cc, removing the cutlist?