[mythtv-users] Partially OT: Seeing the output of a user job

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 00:50:42 UTC 2012

Just asked this on serverfault and was told it wasn't possible by one
guy, but I'm sure I've done this before and have just forgotten the
command.

I have a user job running that's been going for way too many hours.
It's currently stuck on the handbrake part and I'm sure I've run a
unix command before that let me see the output of a background
process.

The guy on serverfault suggested tail, but no output is being sent to
a file. I just want to see what it's up to. I'm pretty sure the
command allowed you to see what the processes screen output would be
if it was in the foreground.