[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct lineup change needed manual edit

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Nov 28 14:11:30 UTC 2012

On 11/28/2012 06:12 AM, Ken Truesdale wrote:
> This may be something everybody already knows and since I'm using .24, it may be no longer an issue, but just so it's out there in case anyone else is searching, I wanted to write in anyway.  I got a note from Comcast about a channel move.  (Removing duplicate PBS stations and shuffling the ones left.)  It didn't come through automatically in Schedules Direct so I contacted them and they got Tribune to make the appropriate change eventually and I could see the fix in my SD listing.  But the shuffle was incomplete in my TV listings in MythTV.  Channel 801 was still showing the old channel info and not the new channel info.  No amount of mythfilldatabase calls with various switches fixed it.  To fix it, I went into the channel editor in Backend Setup and found 2 channels assigned to 801 so I deleted the one that is no longer correct.  Then I discovered I had to do the deletion for my other source too (I had sorted by source and discovered it's easier to sort by channel number w
>   hen doing this sort of thing).  Then, after another mythfilldatabase on exiting the Backend Setup, the guide now shows the correct data.

Yes, mythfilldatabase won't ever change the XMLTV IDs of any of your 
channels.  Generally, you'd just go into the Channel Editor and find the 
channel(s) with the wrong XMLTV ID and change it to the correct (new) 
value (on the 2nd screen).

Deleting the old one (as you did) and hoping mythfilldatabase fills it 
in would work OK for analog/non-scannable capture devices, but for 
digital channels, you'd need to edit, as above, or you'd have to do a 
rescan after deleting the (working, and correct) channel (with the wrong 
XMLTV ID assigned to it).


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list