[mythtv-users] What major features are planned for 0.27?

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Wed Nov 21 18:21:42 UTC 2012

> Is it possible for the average non dev Joe to compile MythTV against a
> more modern libdvdnav & libdvdread?  I'd happily give that a go on my
> next compile.

MythTV imports the source code of libdvdread/nav into its code base
mythtv0.25+fixes has libdvdread/nav svn1215.
At a chance it does not look like any customizing has been done.

The current release is 4.2.0 (11/2011) & svn1243 last commits Aug2012.
Could be worth trying a rebase to use svn1243..

So could be a cut & paste job or a lot more difficult.
So the average joe might be able to pull it off.
This "average joe" lost interest in watching DVDs (not because of
Learning "git wrangling" could be a challenge, but the worst that
happens is you delete the local git copy & start again.

I note the *buntu repos version of VLC will make use of latest installed
HandBrake & MythTV use self contained versions.