[mythtv-users] What major features are planned for 0.27?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Nov 20 15:25:03 UTC 2012

On 11/20/2012 05:34 AM, Mark Greenwood wrote:
> Features are all very well, but when there are more pages of settings
> than days in the month then something's gone wrong. I've been looking
> at XBMC as a frontend recently and the first thing I really liked
> about it was that I got it all up and running without having to crawl
> through endless pages of unintelligible settings. Logically placed,
> helpfully named settings with 'Auto' as an option you can trust is
> such an improvement over myth frontend.

Yes, you're definitely right--something's gone wrong--and we're working
on fixing it.  Of course, progress is slow because every time we remove
a setting (even ones that are useless placebos that don't even do what
the user thinks or ones that are removed and replaced in a way to give
the user even more control), we have to endure a constant barrage of
complaints (both at removal and at the next release), so those of us
reworking the settings need to take breaks between attacks.