[mythtv-users] What major features are planned for 0.27?

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 10:34:31 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 20 Nov 2012 18:05:02 Phill Edwards wrote:

> I have to ask whether it's time for the folks interested in coding the
> frontend bits to give up on the Myth frontend as it's own stand-alone
> app (along with all of it's failing bits) and instead take the
> working-really-well bits and provide XBMC with first class Myth playback
> capabilities.

I love mythfrontend and I find it very disappointing that people want to get rid of it as I don't think whatever replaces it will be as good for TV recording playback. Sure XBMC looks good but I think features come first.

Features are all very well, but when there are more pages of settings than days in the month then something's gone wrong. I've been looking at XBMC as a frontend recently and the first thing I really liked about it was that I got it all up and running without having to crawl through endless pages of unintelligible settings. Logically placed, helpfully named settings with 'Auto' as an option you can trust is such an improvement over myth frontend.

Mark