[mythtv-users] Endless log entries

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Nov 20 12:33:38 UTC 2012

On 20/11/12 07:14, troy at i2bnetworks.com wrote:
> After upgrading from mythbuntu 10.10, to 12.04 and doing all the updates my
> myth primary backend has been not stable. The latest thing to pop up is an
> endless list of log entries with the following:
> AutoExpire: CalcParams(): Max required Free Space: 34359738369.0 GB w/freq:
> 3 min
> Any idea what this is? That is a large amount of disk space that is far
> above my 40TB of storage I have.
That almost certainly has to be integer overflow, probably caused by the 40TB
total storage you have. I can't do the math but I presume it is some kind of
mis-displayed negative figure.

I can't help thinking that isn't going to do the calculations that accurately,
either. I would be wary, perhaps it might start deleting things off when it
thinks you have more space than you actually have but can't find somewhere to
put the recording?

Mike Perkins