[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup freezes on exit

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 21:50:03 UTC 2012

On 11/11/2012 08:51 AM, Martin Moores wrote:
 > ...  when the authentication box popped up for starting the backend.

Adding to sudoers.d/ can eliminate the authentication popup.

If your backend start and stop commands as defined in backend setup look like:

  sudo stop mythtv-backend
  sudo start mythtv-backend

Then the following eliminates the prompt for sudo:

   # Local MythTV /etc/sudoers.d/mythtv file.

   User_Alias MYTHTV_USERS = yourUserNameHere, mythtv

   Cmnd_Alias MYTHTV_COMMANDS =    \
       /sbin/stop mythtv-backend,  \
       /sbin/start mythtv-backend

Naturally, if your start/stop commands are different, the contents
of the above need to be changed.

Whenever I work with sudoers, I keep an extra open terminal *already*
running sudo -s, just in case a typo/braino trashes the ability to
use sudo.