[mythtv-users] Backend database oddly unreachable

mlt at etruscott.co.uk mlt at etruscott.co.uk
Sun Nov 4 11:30:44 UTC 2012

Since Thursday I have been unable to reach the h on my combined
backend/frontend machine.  I am am also unable to run mythtv-setup for
the same reason.  in both cased I get the grey "database detals" page.

I am able to connect to the machine via ssh and mythweb works and
recordings are going ahead, etc.

I tried to see if there any odd settings using mythbntu-control-centre
and got an error message about the mysql plugin not being filled in
properly.  I ran dpkg on an mysql and mythtv package to no avail.

I have also checked the settings are the same as the settings file.

Thanks

Michael